• M.F.A. Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta, GA
• B.A. Studio Art, Morehouse College, Atlanta, GA
Instructer; Creative Careers, Spelman College Department of Art.
Adjunct professor of Art; GA. State University, Ernest G. Welch School of Art, Department of Photography.
Religious Pluralism: Atlanta City Hall; Ashley Woods guest curator from the Nobel Museum
Tangibility of Faith: Solcumb Galleries; Eastern Tennessee State University.
Memory and Meaning: Masud Olufani: The Albany Museum of Art; Albany, GA.
· Generations; Besharat Gallery; Atlanta, GA.
Southern Sampler; Tower Fine Arts Gallery; College at Bockport; Brockport, N.Y.
· Trip Wire; Dodd Galleries; the University of Georgia Lamar Dodd School of Art.
• Imprint: Past as Prologue; Solo Exhibition; SCAD Museum of Art, Savannah, GA.
• Poetics of the Disembodied: Masud Olufani; Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia.
• Personal Politics; The Hudgens Center of Art; Atlanta, GA.
• Portalism; Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia; Atlanta, GA.
• Frequencies; Beep Beep Gallery; Atlanta, GA.
• Echoes; Lineage of the Spirit; Lilian Blades & Masud Olufani; The Art Place; Marietta, GA.
• Project Lift Artist Salon, Atlanta, GA.
• Continuim; The Goat Farm Arts Center; Atlanta, GA.
• Talent Loves Company, The Barbara Archer Gallery. Atlanta, GA.
• Tony Blair Foundation World Malaria Day Art Auction, Atlanta, GA.
• Hambidge Center for the Arts, Art Auction, The Goat Farm Arts Center, Atlanta, GA.
• MAO: Residue. Mason Muer Fine Art, Atlanta, GA
• Action Mapping. Whitespec Gallery. Atlanta, GA
• MAO: Threading Through Memory. Archetype Gallery. Atlanta, GA
• Open Studio. Savannah College of Art and Design. Atlanta, GA
• The New Pan-African Ideal. Archetype Gallery. Atlanta, GA
• Facing Out & Looking In. Underground Atlanta. Atlanta, GA
• Open Studio. Savannah College of Art and Design. Atlanta, GA
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Lecture; Past/Present/Future, Black Portraiture[s] Conference; Tisch School of the Arts Institute for Emerging Media, New York University.
Jacob Lawrence Lecture; The Jepson Center; Savannah, GA. Fall 2018.
Artist in Residence, 100 West Corsicana; Corsicana, Txs.
Finalist: National Black Arts Festival Visual Artist of the Year Award; Atlanta, GA.
IDEA Capital Grant Recipient; Atlanta, GA.
SCAD Alumni Mentor Award
Finalist: ARTADIA Award (Atlanta).
Southern Arts Prize Fellowship; Georgia.
• Finalist: ATL Arts Luminary Award
• Artist in Residence; the Vermont Studio Center; Winter 2016.
• SCAD Alumni Atelier Award recipient; Savannah, GA; winter 2015.
• MOCA GA Working Artist Project Grant; 2015-16.
• Southwest Airlines Art and Social Engagement grant in conjunction with Emory University Center for Ethics; Atlanta, GA.
• Idea Capital Grant recipient; Atlanta, GA.
• WonderRoot CSA Art Advisory Board; Atlanta, GA. 2015-present.
• The Walthall Fellowship; Atlanta, GA. 2014-2015.
• Creative Currents Artist in Residence; Portobello, Panama Summer 2013.
• The Creatives Project Artist in Residence; Atlanta, GA. 2013-15.
• Shortlisted for the MOCA GA Working Artist Grant, 2012.
• Artist in Residence, Hambidge Center for the Arts and Sciences, Rabun, Ga; 2012.
• Residency Fellowship, Fulton County Arts Council, Atlanta, GA. 2012
• Full Graduate fellowship, Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta, GA. 2009-12.
• Fulton County Arts Council Grant, Atlanta, GA
• Graduate fellowship, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
• CGR Art Advisors Scholarship recipient, Morehouse College, Atlanta, GA
• New Jersey Arts Council Grant. Newark, N.J.
• Rachel Lord, “Albany Museum of Art hosts Artists Reception”, Albany Hereld newspaper, posted February 24th, 2019. https://www.albanyherald.com/news/local/albany-museum-of-art-hosts-artist-reception/article_8723ad7f-26ad-5f67-b395-60eff5c4a77f.html
Rachel Lord, “Memory and Meaning Exhibit Opens at the Albany Museum of Art”, Albany Herald newspaper, posted February 6th, 2019. www.albanyherald.com/news/local/memory-and-meaning-exhibit-opens-at-albany-museum-of-art/article_4792cc44-0eee-5074-8e2c-862741ed06b5.html
Carla Aaron-Lopez, “Archetype Gallery Begins 2011 With Fresh Artists, New Arts Magazine,” posted January 18th, 2011, www.burnaway.org/2011/01/archetype-gallery-begins-2011-with-fresh-artists-new-arts-magazine/
• Review: WonderRoot’s Walthall Fellows emphasize live encounters in “Portalism” at MOCA GA, posted August 12th, 2015; http: HYPERLINK "http://www.artsatl.com/2015/08/review-portalism-wonderroot-walthall/" HYPERLINK "http://www.artsatl.com/2015/08/review-portalism-wonderroot-walthall/"//www.artsatl.com/2015/08/review-portalism-wonderroot-walthall/
• Greg Head, Review: "Bearing Witness: Masud Olufani at MOCA GA," posted August 3rd, 2016. http://burnaway.org/review/masud-olufani-at-moca-ga/
• Felicia Feaster, "Art review: Race, history loom large in haunting solo exhibition," posted August 8, 2016. http://www.myajc.com/news/entertainment/arts-theater/art-review-race-history-loom-large-in-haunting-sol/nsCK9/
• Review: "Masud Olufani’s “Poetics of the Disembodied” blurs the line between mediated and unmediated," posted August 26, 2016. http://www.artsatl.com/review-masud-olufanis-poetics-disembodied-blurs-line-mediated-unmediated/
• Paula Wallace, Review: "Masud Olufani: Artist as Concatenator," posted September 20th, 2016. https://www.scad.edu/blog/masud-olufani-artist-concatenator
• A Conversation with Andres Bedoya and Masud Olufani: 'Storied Objects,' https://blog.scad.edu/scadglobal/arch/7426
· Ronda Racha Penrice For the AJC, "Atlanta Actor on BET's The Quad also local acclaimed Artist," posted March 21st, 2017. http://www.ajc.com/lifestyles/atlanta-actor-bet-series-the-quad-also-local-acclaimed-artist/Zz5mNYZwdLwQMjbksyFyNN/
· Carl Rojas for Burnaway, "Chopping it up with Southern Prize Finalist Masud Olufani," posted May 3rd, 2017. http://burnaway.org/feature/southern-prize-finalist-masud-olufani/
Masud Olufani, “Are you Angry? What I Get Asked As a Black Man”, posted January 18th, 2019. https://bahaiteachings.org/are-you-angry-what-asked-as-black-man
Masud Olufani, “Stitching the Wound of Abuse and Neglect”, posted January 26th, 2019. https://bahaiteachings.org/stitching-wounds-abuse-violence
Masud Olufani, “Blocked at Five Points,” SCALAWAG Magazine, Issue 15, Winter 2018.
Masud Olufani, "Masud Olufani Responds to Montgomery's National Memorial for Peace and Justice," posted May 22nd, 2018. https://burnaway.org/feature/masud-olufani-montgomerys-national-memorial-peace-justice/
Masud Olufani, "The Gorilla in the Cage Part 1," posted March 10th, 2018. http://bahaiteachings.org/gorilla-in-the-cage
Masud Olufani, "The Gorilla in the Cage Part 2," posted April 4th, 2018. http://bahaiteachings.org/gorilla-in-the-cage-part-2
Masud Olufani, "A New Race of Men?," posted March 27th, 2018. http://bahaiteachings.org/new-race-men